Thursday, July 17, 2014

My summer off the saddle

It has been a stretch of time during which much has happened. My focus is my life on the saddle and fundraising for an amazing local organization and in spite of that there has been an exceptional amount of life occurring when I was not on my bike or thinking of my bike.

We had dear friends come and visit us for a day. There was play, a picnic and some neighbourhood wandering, and mostly, it was as though we still live up the street from each other.


After six years of applying and being mostly waitlisted, I got accepted to the Ryerson Midwifery Education Program. I didn't think I was that stubborn until I got accepted. I was so thrilled that I screamed out loud in a coffee shop and after calling Jason and my Mom. I called my normally non-reactive friend Steph and made her scream like a little school girl on a roller coaster which was almost worth the wait.

Now my fear of being a bad midwife can keep me up at night. #impostersyndrome

My amazing, brilliant, charming and witty cousin Emma got married and gave us an excuse to clean up and get together.

It took some doing but we managed to herd ourselves like cats into a picture, now that I'm looking at this I notice that my Dad is missing....



Between work and my training, there hasn't been much cottage time.  Enough that I could celebrate turning magical 40 with my urban family and for Fenner to collect all the new dragonflies on the property to let them dry their wings on her finger.

I can take that kind of magic.


It has been an intense and amazing summer and the next 3 months have some amazing adventures in store so I look forward to cooling it off in August to prepare. Get some time with my family both urban and biological.

I'm stoked. Life is unbelievable.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Congrats on getting in to Ryerson! I remember when you were pregnant with Fenner and talking about wanting to get in. Actually, I best remember Stephanie explaining how to do an internal exam during Knit Night at Lettuce Knit. YAY! You are gonna be awesome :)

Jill said...

Wow! Congrats Jen! I've applied twice and am gearing up to apply again this year. This is great news!

Kim W said...

Congratulations! You are one busy lady. I am glad your life is awesome right now!
KimW