Saturday, March 08, 2014

Head for the Hills!

Riddle me this my sweet baby cherubs; how is it March and I have a dozen shitty first drafts in my post folder and nothing published?!

It's been such a busy 'First Quarter' that we only got out to our cottage mid-February for the first time. My sisters gave us the amazing gift of organizing a weekend of maintenance and fun in the snow. It was a real treat just to be able to show up and have fun without all the prep and ground work laying.  We could only go up for a night and a day and it was worth every ounce of energy output.

We hiked in on the road so Fenner could warm up to her snowshoes again. Silly me. There was no warm up required, I am so stoked that she was a total pro.  They were unnecessary on the road unless one was interested in intrepid expoloration...which of course, one was...

  



The goal of the weekend was to take down a beaver eaten tree while the lake was still frozen.  We're rookies at this so it was a bit...fumbled, but down she came with a ton of learning experience to build on. My sister Charlotte and Brother in Law Pat quarterbacked the whole adventure and really saved the day on this. Their stick-to-itivenss was a sight to behold.
We checked in our little shack holding up under the weight of this winter - it was good to see her. Makes me itch for the heat of summer even though I found my snow love while we were up there.

 
I was doing stand up that night so when it was time to go we decided to take the lake route which is much faster (not to mention flat.) This is my favourite part of the cottage in the winter. It is so trippy to be walking routes that we swim, canoe and boat all summer long.

I'm so stoked for next year when the girls are going to be big enough to cope with a full weekend of winter love.

No comments: