Friday, June 28, 2013

Sweet moments from the month that tried to kill us

I am having a terrible time sitting down and focussing right now.  This past month has been just beyond expectations in terms of family joy, work commitments, training, sadness, a bare minimum of knitting and a little bit of cottage time.
 
There have been some significant events that require some time to write about well - birthdays, neighbourhood care, gardening and family moments.  While I try and stop the speed of the summer; here are some of my favourite moments. In no particular order but all from an amazing and exhausting month of June.
 
We are all looking forward to a quiet and low impact month of July.  Just riding through it, get into the water at the cottage and sit with my sisters in our favourite places. I have high hopes.
 
Cousins in the City

Neighbourhood East Side Boom

Toronto Yacht Club on a 6:00 am Training Ride
 
My traditional birthday pie perfection.

Birthday Brunch made better by 45 km of biking

New lichen colony in my Mom's garden

My Friend Max helping me drive the boat


First Cottage Kayak with Friends

My first harvest of 2013

Welcome to Toronto dinner for Lara!


First Road Rash and broke 700 km on my bike

Family road trip to see our missing Sister

Our first pie eating contest. I'm so glad I said yes.

My flower and herb garden like it has never looked before

First blooms on the Mystery Butterfly Weed - I had no idea what it was

1 comment:

Debbi said...

What a great June. Hope July is even better!