Monday, February 25, 2013

Hunter's Gloves and Ice Fishing

I was really proud of my Christmas planning this year. Every year I want to knit a million gifts but never plan it to support success.

This year though, perhaps because of my crippling addiction to monthly, weekly and daily to do lists I managed for the most part to knit or weave a gift for almost my whole family. Almost, a few key items did not get made but I will take that with a learning curve and a glass of whiskey.  Besides, there's always next year. I've already started BECAUSE I REFUSE TO BE BEATEN AGAIN.

I am particularly proud of the trigger mittens I knit for Jason's Dad.  They were done on Boxing Day and I had to mail them (SO CLOSE TO VICTORY) and he has refined outdoor gear tastes.  It met my need for a challenging knit.

And I nailed it! They had to keep his hands warm and his index finger available.

See Fenner's mittens in this picture?  Steve's gloves had to get warmer when they got wet, Briggs & Little with the lanolin in the wool is perfect for keeping hands warm even when the mitts get wet.

Of course, he is a man of discerning taste and is particular about colour. Hence the classic Manly Blue and White.
He wore them every day we were there and he does not phone it in when it comes to wearing hand knits. I was so chuffed that it was unseemly.



I love it when a plan comes together....makes me think that next Christmas needs a headstart.

5 comments:

the best part of my day... said...

Bravo!!! Gorgeous pair of mittens, friend.

the best part of my day... said...

Oh this....just finished a project myself. Hope you'll check it out. I miss stitch n' bitch!

JenHendriks said...

Nice Blanket Buddy!

Amanda said...

Briggs and Little is big down here. In every yarn store I've been in. The fishermen like these mitts. Hey, you can knit him the same pair for next year in case he loses one! Nice job.

JenHendriks said...

I love B&L. I think it's hugely underrated. Love it.