Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Swooning to the romantic tune of Red Riding Hood

One of the millions of things I love about being on maternity leave is being in my neighbourhood a lot more.  I have a four year old daughter that needs to be very active during the day to ensure sleep at night and so we get to spend a lot of time exploring the nooks and crannies of a 10 city block radius.

Through starting The Rail Garden I've become acquaintances with so many people I used to just pass on the way to doing errands.

Last weekend one of these new friends dropped off a whole bouquet of mind blowing roses. They are called Red Riding Hood Fairy Tale Roses I could stare at the ribbons of petals in the rose all day. It is all so romantic I could just swoon.

It was Father's Day and Fenner had drawn a chalk background on the sidewalk in front of our house - she was doing a puppet show with flowers that she had deadheaded from our garden.

Miranda was driving by and yelled out that she'd be dropping a package off later in the morning, and these were it.

Lovely.

No comments: