Thursday, June 21, 2012

Not quite inner city.


Thursday's are for rest and recovery around here. Fenner goes off to daycare for some respite from me and Marlowe, and Marlowe sleeps for hours on end.  Me?  I spend the day weaving, drinking coffee and sleeping as well.

It has been a luxury that will be ending at the end of next week but instead of unpacking this morning's calm weaving and coffee drinking. I am going to reminisce about one of my favourite childhood memories.

Sprinklers on a shit ass hot day.  You know the hot day when parents are humming they are so crabby?  And there is a sprinkler on the way home from school and everyone including your batshit crazy Mom goes through it like it's a portal to civility?

Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.
 Sweet relief followed by a cathartic thunder storm and because your Mom went through that portal to civility you got to dance in the rain.

.
 Urban bliss yo.

No comments: