I've been trying to finish something every week. It was really tight this last week but I made it. One of a pair of snowshoeing knee socks. Knee high worsted weight socks made from remnant yarn in a basket. It would have been a breeze to finish except I messed up the calf decreases.
They are going to be perfect for when I go to Haliburton for the annual "Women Who Get Shit Done" Retreat. I hope there's enough snow for Marlowe and I to go snowshoeing for the first and probably last time this season.
Leftover Galway in green from an aran sweater for J and grey that I used in Fenner's blanket.
I also finished the colourwork on my replacement Fiddlehead Mitten. Some folk may remember that last year in the middle of the winter, I lost one while biking to work. It was awful. Luckily, I am loved by knitters and my local yarn store The Purple Purl hooked me up with the remnants of a display kit.
All that love and luck however does not make it easier to focus on a colour chart while playing play dough games with a 4 year old.
Also, either my original mitts had been a bit felted by use, or my gauge has changed dramatically since I knit that first mitt.
I'm just trying to figure out if I need to care deeply about the difference or if it's just right.