Thursday, October 13, 2011

Out of practise

I am sorely out of practice. Managing house and home, family and friends, food and budget. Juggling it all and feeling like an engaged and critically thinking adult is a skillset that is cultivated and groomed.

When it all goes right there is nothing that feels more victorious. I'm sure I'll get into the swing of it again but this week feels a lot like a grind. It took four days to recover from a long weekend away. No food, no money, no energy.

Not sure what I was thinking when I set up a play date on the first day back with an empty fridge and my mushed up mind. It's Friday tomorrow and if I play my cards right tonight I might be ready for the weekend.

Yeesh. Someone out there needs to buy their local Mom a cocktail. At least these two are mostly so sweet..

3 comments:

JenHendriks said...

Testing testing

Grace Morris said...

Congratulations Jen. Your girls are both beautiful.

JenHendriks said...

Thanks Grace! Now if only I can get them fed and outside without forgetting my own clothes!