Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rainy day

I have been working to recover from an ass kicker of a week and prep for the next two ass kickers. On the upside J and I are currently sitting on the couch reading our books having a glass of wine and listening to Fenner read her book upstairs in her bedroom BY HERSELF.

This has never happened. Just like spontaneous sleeping has never occurred. This kid wants to be a part of the action as long as anyone is awake.

In the past three weeks I think she realized that she has a limited monopoly on our attention and has decided to try and max it out. It's been hard. She hasn't been this clingy since she was an infant.

I have some great rainy day pics trapped on the phone which isn't communicating with the laptop. Treats for another day. In the meantime I'm enjoying listening to her read herself to sleep.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

My son (age 12, but still my baby...) warmed my heart when he said "late as it is, I HAVE to read in bed before falling asleep. I don't sleep well, otherwise."
He's our boy, for sure...