Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tick Tock

I am sitting here waiting for my iPhone to finish uploading new software. It's run night and I use two apps to get excited about running. Try not to judge too harshly that I am this reliant on technology to get off of my ass.

Couch to 5K to help me get up to 5 km without hurting myself or getting discouraged. Runkeeper to see how fast and to map where I run using GPS. Podcasts to keep me distracted from how annoyed I get when I'm tired. So far I find music messes with my breathing although on Sunday I listened to the CBC Radio 3 Podcast and added .5 km to my distance!

It is Week 6 of running with only two weeks that I slacked off, one in October and one recently in November. I am nominally proud of starting this habit but I am super proud that I got back on it after slacking off - that used to be my cue to bail on anything.

Evolution indeed.

2 comments:

Jen Anderson said...

Enjoy your new apps. I can't do relaxation breathing without an iPhone app, so I know exactly where you're coming from.

charchar said...

u rock my world... you inspire me to get moving. done lots of reading how exercise is good for body and mind.... and.... :o)