Sunday, August 01, 2010

Kind of Flying Solo

It's been a crazy mad couple of weeks that have brought about massive life change. It marks the natural timely end of one long life, a new job, and many day to day adventures.

Needless to say there is a lot of draft posts lingering around here right now. Fenner and I went north for the long weekend without Jason. Unfortunately, I'm on call so am in Barrie right now maximizing the internet connection.

We went to the Six Mile Lake fireworks show last night in our little tin fishing boat. What a night. "Captain, my captain!"
Fresh and ready for the new adventure! Those curls make it very hard for me not to lick her head in an expression of feral mother love.

Oh, there was singing...much singing and yodelling!
It's nice to know that no matter how grown up our kids get, we all love us a snuggle fest.


Best use of handmade wool blanket from Northern Ontario!
Faster!
The lake at sunset right before the fireworks. Basically what happens is that this bay fills up with boats and everyone sits and watches the show, whch was no amateur affair. I haven't been up the lake at night since our cottage cousins moved East. I'm ashamed to say I'd never seen the fireworks.
The night was magical.


video

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Oh that made me all teary. I miss that lake and I miss all your crazy, cuddly, wonderful fam.