Monday, March 15, 2010

Olympic Ending

My final Olympic weekend was a blur of CBC nerddom, driving and Northern exploration. Jesus. I guess I need to preface this post with a description of the last two weeks at the house.

Poor. Shit Poor. I recognize that once a person gets dragged down into the depths of despair (shout out to Ann with an 'e'!) it's virtually impossible to get that positive spin going again so J and I really worked at it. Two weeks after the end of the Olympics I think we're there.

My project was a take off of the Baby Moderne Log Cabin blanket as inspired by those mavens Mason Dixon Fame. By the Saturday before the closing ceremonies I was *done* with the garter but not done with the blanket so I was hauling every which way.

To CBC to participate in the 'Go' Hobby Show where I was part of a team of crack knitters making a scarf for the Brent Bambury.

Coincidentally one of my favourite Canadian Bands was there performing. Great Lake Swimmers played songs from their newest album, Lost Channels.

Miranda Mulholland was the violinist, so charming for so early.
And Tony Dekker, probably freaking out on the inside at this point. Couldn't tell though.
Nat and Steph represented. Nat really brought the funny and the hip - and neither of them sounded like anything less that really smart funny ladies. Better representation, the knitters could not have asked for.
And Nat made underpants!

My project on the cusp of completion - and finished by the end of the ceremonies! It's in the mail going to a colleague who is doing a blanket exchange with me! She's a quilter so I hope she finds this little piece of modest but determined knitting to her satisfaction.

I feel nervous but relieved that the cat fur has been fully removed.

2 comments:

Grace said...

And no wine was spilled. lol!

cha cha cha said...

A. your cat is an asshole
B. the dude who's interviewing the knit ladies has f'ed up fingers.

ps: 1:08 am