Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Really 18 months?

It's been 18 months since I've gotten my hair cut. J was reminding me that Fenner was less than 3 months old.

I can't help but think that once I get it cut I may be reborn as someone who can stay up past 9:00 pm without feeling like she may just tip
over from exhaustion at any point.

This new hairstyle will make me socially relevant and give me enough attention span and time to read the Saturday paper in one sitting as opposed to over the entire week. I will be unstoppable

Here's a list of some of the things I will be able to do with with my new haircut:
- My to do list both personal and professional every day will be completed.
- Bake bread every night
- Plan menus for the week including one communal dinner with guests once a week
- Go to at least 1 concert, 1 movie and 1 play every two weeks
- Talk to my friends on a regular basis from home - not from a streetcar in the rain and *not* about Fenner's cuteness. Well, maybe a little bit.
- Finish spinning a fleece in less than a year without sacrificing my knitting
- Knit more gifts
- Go to F's sing song class on Wednesday mornings
- Volunteer
- Give blood
- Run
- Control the tupperware drawer that damnedable tool of the patriarchy (Martha, you know what I'm talking about)

Jeez, I hope I'm not disappointed.


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You are crazy! And if the list wasn't going to prove it, the picture with the crazy eyes does!

Carrie Ellis said...

yep, that's pretty much what I expected from my new do too. Strangely, it hasn't quite worked out though ... maybe I'm using the wrong kind of gel.

Anonymous said...

I TOLD you tupperware was fascist!
It promises organization and promotes chaos.
Martha