Saturday, September 12, 2009

Love it. All of it.

While on holiday I finished my first sweater of 2009 you can thank me for that week of heat in August. Literally, it started the day I finished this puppy at the cottage!

Bonnie from Twist Collective. This pattern is inspired. By the time I knit the sleeves the cable patterns were mine. I started it on January 1, 2009. I'm very proud of this finished object - it fits, it's warm and LOOK AT THOSE (**&^% CABLES.

Not too closely though there are 3 mistakes on the sleeve that I decided to embrace though I appreciate other more detail oriented knitters gently bringing back from the desert of my denial. You know who you are - will we ever see you again?
Seriously, that cable is a 32 row cable! I'M AMAZING HEAR ME KNIT!

Speaking of amazing. Fenner's favourite book right now is a book Jason got for me, for inspiration, when we were just fresh in love. He is still very romantic and Fenner loves Bette Midler. Not sure what it means right now but I think it's cute when she spends 30 minutes pouring over this book - especially when I'm making dinner.
She's been expressing herself through a variety of art projects. This is a Friday night at home with Dad. It looks like a good time.

1 comment:

Molly said...

It's gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in person now that I'm back in town (as of ten minutes ago---see how important you are to me? Or the Internet is. Same difference!).

Based on the picture of Fenner with the book, I assume her interest in it is that it reminds her of her mother.