Friday, May 29, 2009

TGIF Bitches.

With all the rain this week I haven't gotten out to engage with the world. At all. Like not outside of the yard. We did have a couple of neighbors over for breakfast for dinner night on Wednesday but I have not been physically outside of the yard in 4 days.

In terms of weekly goals (of which I set almost a dozen) getting out for exercise and social grown up time is always in the top 5. If I don't make it a priority I can go days working from home, getting dinner on, putting Fenner down, cleaning up, and watching a movie or catching up with Jason.

This shut-in'ness in combination with a baby who is not sleeping so hot in any of the beds (hers nor ours) is turning my inner monologue into a little bit of a Hitchcock movie.

In case you're wondering what introversion can do to an extroverted Gemini. Come - look through this window to my mind last night while J and I played Scrabble and I tried to finish a birthday gift for today:

Jason: [eating Miss Vickie's with gusto] Wow, there are a lot of consonants in my tiles. [Blows nose because he has a cold] crunch crunch crunch

Me: [out loud] That's because all of the vowels are in my tiles. Seriously, look at them all not a single consonant.

Me: [in my mind] OMG OMG OMG STOP SNIFFING WHY ARE YOU BREATHING SO LOUDLY CAN'T YOU BEQUIETOMGOMGIDON'T THINK I CAN BE WITH SOMEONEWHOCAN'TBEQUIETDURINGSCRABBLEOMGICAN'TTHINKWITHTHE
CRUNCHINGOFCHIPSWHYARETHEYSOLOUDIHATEMISSVICKIESSOMUCH.

Jason: What don't you try [insert word] or [insert word]? [crunch crunch crunch]

Me: Because then I'd open up a triple word score for you.

Me: [in my mind] NICE TRY BUDDY I'M ON TO YOUR COMPETITIVE WAYS. IF YOU LOVED ME AT ALL YOU WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN SUGGESTED THAT. CLEARLY YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO KEEP ME DOWN. IF YOU WANT TO BREAK UP YOU IS SHOULD JUST SAY IT - WHY DO WE HAVE TO PLAY SCRABBLE FOR ME TO GET THIS MESSAGE?????? CAN'T YOU SEE I'M TRYING TO KNIT A BIRTHDAY GIFT!!!!

Perspective is always the first thing to go. This morning, Jason strongly suggested I go to the mommy's lunch and out for a drink (or 18 tonight after work) He's no fool - my Partner in Crime.

I went outside the second the sun came out and look what I found in my exploding garden! A Jess Hutchison special for our neighbour Violet's first birthday.
I may be the nutbar on the street but even I knew enough not to give an uncontained snake to a baby so I ran in and grabbed the first available jar I could find.


All in all the snake was a hit and I felt pretty impressed that I'd managed to pull it off in fact, knitting this snake may have saved my sanity last night - what with giving me something to focus on while the hamster in my head had seizures.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love all your posts this week, even if it was to air your inner crazy.

I LOVE YOU!!!

Lise said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's crazy :). Miss you - you should get out more.

canknitian said...

I'm an extroverted former introvert with PMS. I have had almost the exact same inner monologue in recent times. So nice to know I'm not alone...LOL

Lynn said...

Become one with your inner lunatic. Rain = sad/crazy/rage, Sun = happy/happy/happy :) Throw some pms into the mix...ah, memories of PEI...