Monday, April 27, 2009

Expressions of Love.

This is the first year that I've given something to the love of my life for Valentine's Day. I gave him my alpaca knit heart. Some of the many skills that I don't have are those that relate to subterfuge. Oh my god I'm a terrible secret keeper - usually I leave the project around or talk about incessantly because I'm so excited.

He loved it and because I started it 3 days before Valentine's Day - it was a total surprise. TAKE THAT SUBTERFUGE!
Another organ I love. This should surprise almost noone. My colleague and good friend's has recently come under attack and she was heading into surgery again today. Meet the decoy that I've made. Her son will be naming her - he has a knack for naming knitted toys himself. Spring has sprung and at one point or another Fenner has turned into a grinning adventure of a kid. You can tell she's the first bean -every time we whip out a camera she smiles like her life depends on it. It's killing me.
The park is the best place to go to run amok - she's kept warm in all the handknits from Grandma Gemmill. The first time she wore this sweater was at the Emergency Room but it's much better suited to keeping her warm while she learns how to climb like a mad fool!


Spring rain is no reason not to get some outdoor time either. In fact it's even better to play in!


video

6 comments:

ponyknit said...

Lovely organs ;)
Adorable Fenner. All as per usual :)

jacquieblackman said...

omg... i think my ovaries just popped out. and you know i mean that as a compliment.

David said...

are you taking orders for the knitted heart????

Aunt Sally

Carol said...

I love the organ knits!

Meg said...

As if she's not an East Coast kid!!!

Oh l love her, and what a happy life she has, lucky girl :)

alyson said...

I swear I see Liz in one of those pic's - she's getting so big and we have yet to have the pleasure. Date - 6 Mile this summer.
Aly