Friday, January 23, 2009

Well that blew...chunks...literally

We're all alive. I left the house for the first time today to go to a neighbour's for a Mother's group lunch. ALIVE AT LAST!!!

A few points of interest:

1. It doesn't matter how little time I spent holding Fenner compared to Jason. In the 2 minutes I had her she threw up on me and was happy to hang with an as yet unbarfed on Father.

2. The volume of barf that a lactating cleavage can contain is truly something to behold....but not for long enough to kickstart your gag reflex.

3. This flu is so contagious that if you walked into a room that I was in 2 weeks ago you would feel the imminent rage of Mt. Poosuvius within hours. Every single family with a kid under the age of 2 has spent last week cleaning up.

4. Being in the house for this long makes me a total nutbar. Last night I was convinced that J hated me because he was breathing. Seriously. Why would someone breathe that loud? Watching the Daily Show?! WHY DOES HE HATE ME BECAUSE IT'S A MOTHERFUCKING BAD WEEK TO LEAVE ME DUDE!!!

5. Pictures like this are like a breath of fresh air and as of tomorrow we'll be back on a bit more of an outdoor active schedule. Can't you feel the crisp cold air on your cheeks? It feels like.... freedom.

6. Because I've said nothing of the holidays and they were spectacular. My family on our annual tobaggan ride thanks to my sister Liz and Pat who flew solo this year in Victoria. They were missed greatly. Let's try and ignore any similarities I might bear to Bob or Doug MacKenzie shall we?
7. This little video of Charlotte horsing around makes me laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh and is here solely for the benefit of Liz who would have enjoyed the moment to it's fullest. Seriously dude we missed you. She threw herself off the sled and pretended to be dragged along behind - she jumped off and narrowly missed a big pile of horse. video

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Jen! I love the family picture.

Anonymous said...

i can't see the video... wwwwwwwhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyy? i'm looking for an opportunity to laugh at myself and kill time at work.

Anonymous said...

me charlotte