Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Random...better than continued silence

One of my (many) New Years resolutions was to execute one coherent blog post a week. 2 weeks in and I'm lagging already. Only in one area though.

1. Knitting. The swatch. It begins. This is as of Dec 31st. The project has evolved since this moment in size and in materials. It's going to be a full sized blanket in Socks That Rock. It's mindblowing and the first row is done. I'll be posting regular pictures as I have a strict monthly schedule for it and am planning to have it done by next year. That's right next year. 2. Have also finished the first sweater of the year but due to lack of light there will be no pictures. Also, making ones toddler stand outside in a sweater and nothing else in -25 is bad mothering to an extent I can't get behind. Will have a cowl and pair of socks done by the time I get a picture of the damned sweater.

3. But making baby stock is something I TOTALLY buy into.

4. I have 3 lbs of Romni that will be coming to Lettuce Knit to be dyed in the dye studio. Another one of my NY resolutions is to have 1 afternoon a month to go and spend 3 hours by myself dying some of my fleece just to learn by doing. Am mostly looking forward to focusing on one thing at a time.

5. Read. Am doing it! In Defense of Food. A little bit of a heavy start and preaching to the converted already. Next on the agenda: delicious delicious fiction. Is it ironic that there is a smushed plum print on the cover from my cheerios and fruit coated purse?

6. Have 1 gong show night a month with my girlfriends. Just a little bit of silliness to remind myself that there's still a bit of edge under the lace edged milky bra...sharpen the edge a bit so to speak.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Yup, ANYONE outside in just a sweater in this weather is a crime. we can wait.....