Friday, January 23, 2009
A few points of interest:
1. It doesn't matter how little time I spent holding Fenner compared to Jason. In the 2 minutes I had her she threw up on me and was happy to hang with an as yet unbarfed on Father.
2. The volume of barf that a lactating cleavage can contain is truly something to behold....but not for long enough to kickstart your gag reflex.
3. This flu is so contagious that if you walked into a room that I was in 2 weeks ago you would feel the imminent rage of Mt. Poosuvius within hours. Every single family with a kid under the age of 2 has spent last week cleaning up.
4. Being in the house for this long makes me a total nutbar. Last night I was convinced that J hated me because he was breathing. Seriously. Why would someone breathe that loud? Watching the Daily Show?! WHY DOES HE HATE ME BECAUSE IT'S A MOTHERFUCKING BAD WEEK TO LEAVE ME DUDE!!!
5. Pictures like this are like a breath of fresh air and as of tomorrow we'll be back on a bit more of an outdoor active schedule. Can't you feel the crisp cold air on your cheeks? It feels like.... freedom.
6. Because I've said nothing of the holidays and they were spectacular. My family on our annual tobaggan ride thanks to my sister Liz and Pat who flew solo this year in Victoria. They were missed greatly. Let's try and ignore any similarities I might bear to Bob or Doug MacKenzie shall we?
7. This little video of Charlotte horsing around makes me laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh and is here solely for the benefit of Liz who would have enjoyed the moment to it's fullest. Seriously dude we missed you. She threw herself off the sled and pretended to be dragged along behind - she jumped off and narrowly missed a big pile of horse.
Monday, January 19, 2009
8:30 am Saturday morning: The vomiting has stopped but Mt Poosuvius has erupted and looks much like the foam on a cappuchino and smells like Ashbridges Bay up close and personal. Her humour is still impeccable and is showing no signs of feeling sick at all.
J goes to rehearsal and I go to the Lettuce Knit Dye Studio - have made pretty colours (original post for tonight)
10:00 pm Saturday: J is doing a show so Fenner and I hunker down in bed - I have my laptop, knitting, book and am looking forward to a night of chillaxing in bed. Fenner is a bit restless before power puking all over the bed. Is no longer in good humour and I manage to change the bed one handed only stepping in barfy sheets 3 times.
10:00pm through to 11:00am Sunday: Mt Poosuvius continues it's reign of terror over our lives.
2:00 pm Sunday: After waking up from a coma like nap we go for a walk in order to prevent committing deeds previously thought to be impossible.
6:00 pm - 6:08 pm: J goes from looking like a human being to being the same colour shade of something Linda Blair produced.
8:30 pm: I experience the complete romance of listeneing to Jason violently tossing his cookies over the baby monitor-I feel overwhelming relief that it is into the toilet that he is tossing them.
10:00pm: Fenner throws up again out of left field just to keep us on our toes. Onto the last set of clean sheets and me.
10:15 pm: Jason tries to help me change the bed and proceeds to make himself sick again - though he only stepped in the barfy sheets once.
10:30 pm: I bring my laptop to bed with me and the sickos to try and get work done...the sneaking suspicion that I have about 3 hours left before my festering flu rears it's head.
Tick tock tick tock.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
1. Knitting. The swatch. It begins. This is as of Dec 31st. The project has evolved since this moment in size and in materials. It's going to be a full sized blanket in Socks That Rock. It's mindblowing and the first row is done. I'll be posting regular pictures as I have a strict monthly schedule for it and am planning to have it done by next year. That's right next year. 2. Have also finished the first sweater of the year but due to lack of light there will be no pictures. Also, making ones toddler stand outside in a sweater and nothing else in -25 is bad mothering to an extent I can't get behind. Will have a cowl and pair of socks done by the time I get a picture of the damned sweater.
3. But making baby stock is something I TOTALLY buy into.
4. I have 3 lbs of Romni that will be coming to Lettuce Knit to be dyed in the dye studio. Another one of my NY resolutions is to have 1 afternoon a month to go and spend 3 hours by myself dying some of my fleece just to learn by doing. Am mostly looking forward to focusing on one thing at a time.
5. Read. Am doing it! In Defense of Food. A little bit of a heavy start and preaching to the converted already. Next on the agenda: delicious delicious fiction. Is it ironic that there is a smushed plum print on the cover from my cheerios and fruit coated purse?
6. Have 1 gong show night a month with my girlfriends. Just a little bit of silliness to remind myself that there's still a bit of edge under the lace edged milky bra...sharpen the edge a bit so to speak.