Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Here I was thinking I was an optimist

As I listen to Obama give his speech, simply enjoying the eloquence and the charm. What a golden moment to witness and the relief that I felt was simply that he spoke like a leader.

He recognized the fact that there was a lot of work for them all to do and that it wasn't going to be better over night. I appreciated the fact he didn't dumb it down or sugarcoat like he could have.

and then I thought: Please don't kill this one.

6 comments:

Jb said...

OMG, & here I was thinking I was the only one who was worried about that too! I think we've all seen a few too many movies, but I kept waiting for something terrible to happen to him during his speech. I'm guessing his Secret Service detail will be MASSIVE during the inauguration.

Kim said...

Exactly what I've been thinking.

Sad, huh?

leslie - knitting therapist said...

You're not the only one.
My parents were living in Boston when Kennedy was assassinated. I think I have intergenerational trauma.

I suspect that he likely has the most comprehensive detail in US history...

Craftygrrrl said...

All I keep thinking right now is "Please make it to January!".

But yeah, I'm right there with you.

meg said...

oh yeah, there's a lot of people on that page with you... hopefully everyone is wrong.

rams said...

Mine is first-generation trauma (I was 14 for Kennedy, 18 for King and Kennedy,) and I thought I was the only paranoid thinking this. LOVED the sight of those plexiglass sheets. God help the Secret Service.