Tuesday, July 01, 2008

To begin, one must start...

It's been tough finding the energy to write anything after a day of working and a life that begs to be snorgled, nevermind something that might be vaguely digestible by anything outside my own brain.


I love July 1st almost as much as January 1, not just because it's Canada Day, but because I get to make a whole list of resolutions that I can add to or focus on from New Years. I use lists to manage my crazy - what do you do?


It's was a spectacular month June was, and I hope everyone felt like this on Canada Day.


We've moved into our house which would have been the first hitchless move I'd ever had but the City of Toronto showed up 10 minutes before our movers to rip out the sidewalk right in front of our house. I brought them coffee and croissants from Bonjour Brioche and they started at the other end of the street. I'd like to take this moment to thank J's folks for saving our bacon. And the concept of slings. Her head was not always flexed like this - there is a fan and god help us all if we should walk by a fan without a moment to contemplate the awesome hypnotic power of it's blades.We're coming off of a magical four day weekend that we spent chilling out and trying to get into a habit of living together again.

We spent the last couple of quite hours after putting Fenner to sleep picking paint for a couple of rooms on our back porch listening to our pond and enjoying some wine. Since summer finally arrived in Toronto the weekend we took ownership of the love shack, my focus has been our small backyard and patio - that is having friends and family over to drink wine on it. Fenner loves having the green as well.
She has been exhibiting behavious quite contrary to my liking - actions like standing up, opening drawers, crawling towards stairs and as if proving that she has antennae to the single electrical outlet on the whole floor without a cover. Let's have a moment of silence for the tired tired cat shall we?
video

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh the poor cat! That video made me laugh out loud. Our cats are similarly tortured (the one with long hair bears the brunt of Elliott's energy, though). One has to wonder why they don't just get up and completely leave the room? They must like it on some sick level...

Congratulations on your move!

Jillian said...

That video is too funny! Glad to hear that the move went well. I've got a baggie of sock yarn with your name on it whenever you are ready!

Juno said...

I love your child. Every growing, crawling, cat molesting bit of her. Congratulations on the move.

Carrie said...

Ah Jen, so much to learn :)

Having that cat means you have a free, indoor, non-battery/electricity operated method for wearing out your child!

Caroline

Lorraine said...

I think I just peed my pants.

aunty meg said...

Erm, can you please post a new video? Every time we sit at the computer Olan asks for baby Fenner and quite frankly I need some new material to show him before I go crazy :)

ponyknit said...

Aww but your cat is being sooo good! That is how my parents cat is also. Eventually she'll probably just find hiding places ;)
Just spotted you on the Yarn Harlot's post. Your sling seems to be working great there too!

Samantha said...

LOL

My son is almost 11 months old, but has been mesmerized by ceiling fans from nearly the first day of his life. Now he points to them whenever he sees one. Every morning when I get him out of his crib he points up at the one in his room. Funny stuff.