Wednesday, April 23, 2008

As long as she does it herself.

So, despite my repeated attempts to stop Fenner from growing and developing she is growing like a weed. I want to sit and soak up every minute of her growing up before its gone. I think that they call it "Mother Love" without it I'm not sure anyone would survive that first month or so of culture shock.

As a breastmilk fascist, I'm pretty committed to keeping Fenner on the tit for as long as possible at the very minimum 6 months exclusive as per WHO recommendations and for the love of keeping life...well...transportable. As a women who loses everything at least once I have yet to lose my mammaries.

So it was with no small amount of dismay that I watched Fenner grab a piece of rye toast off of Sandi's plate and eat it. Like her mother the Sledgehammer, she skipped subtlety and went straight for the neon sign - I AM READY FOR SOLIDS YOU DELUDED MILK BAT.

And so, I give you the ballet that is dinner now - squash and apple sauce style yo! Note that she won't eat unless she's putting it in her mouth. I'm in deep shit.
video

10 comments:

David said...

Well, at the rate Fenner is going--she'll be dating by the end of the year!!! I expect College by February of next year................

Where DID that baby go??????

jacquieblackman said...

I have to agree with David... she's going to be looking for her own job and apartment before too long.

But she's still totally cute and I want to pinch her!!

Craftygrrrl said...

Liam is the same way, we have found a loop hole: we give him a spoon to hold and that worked until this week he discovered how much fun it is to squish his food between his fingers...

Dr. Steph said...

Two spoons does work for a while (or even 3 or more!). Bait and switch baby!

And newspapers under the highchair help with the mess and you can put them in the green bin.

I got all nostalgic for a minute there. So cute.

Samantha said...

Ethan, who is now 8 months old, is the same way. He would much rather feed himself than be fed.

Someone needs to tell these babies to stop growing so we mommies can catch our breath.

rams said...

I must be ready to be a grandma. I'm laughing till I can't breathe. Take THAT mama-theories! Cheer up -- maybe your second will be a placid, passive podlet. Fenner, however, rocks, bless her little cotton socks.

mjm knitting said...

She's Feist-y that one!!!

Erin said...

what a dexterous baby! you are the queen of cancon in baby vids, Jen

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meghan said...

We love it!

EVERY morning when Olan is finished (feeding himself) breakfast he says "puter, puter!" then we sit and watch this video of Fenner over and over and over again... I know every little turn of her spoon now. As soon as it get near the end he starts madly signing "more baby". Man I wish that I could loop it! Clearly he agrees that she's one of the greatest babies ever :)