Thursday, March 13, 2008

What do mean my sleep savings account is empty?

So in the last week of Fenner's gestation I felt it necessary to buy 1200 yards of Misti Alpaca in a bright pumpkin orange. The plan was to knit a bunting bag in the shape of a pumpkin for Fenner so that when she finally came out I could keep her warm. 1200. Yards.

Have I mentioned that I was certifiable in that last week? Well, 2 weeks ago I finished the Robin Hood Cabled Jacket from Zoe Mellor's Adorable Knits for Tots. I am so proud of this finished object I could explode.
When I bought this book I loved this sweater but never thought that I'd be a good enough knitter to make it. I sized it so that it Fenner would fit it in the fall - god knows if she'll outpace it or not but it was worth the risk. It is so soft and heavy, the perfect fall coat. Ehrm. I still have 600 yards of Misti Alpaca left. Not only have I finished the cabled glory that is this sweater but I finished Vino. Started at some point after last years Frolic. 8 Skeins of Dream in Colour. Laura, if you're reading this, well played my friend, well played. I don't think I'm as slim as this picture looks - it's the magic of Vino. Am debating sewing in a zipper - I like using a shawl pin a lot...I'll leave the door open. Now I know y'all are really interested in the action of my needles. But let's be honest. Irony, is an orally fixated baby eating the story about The Hungry Caterpillar. She's taken to dictating. Fenner may be her father's carbon copy but she is my little Napoleon.
Fenner and I trekked over to Lettuce Knit for a Wednesday night knit night. Fenner LOVES other children. Not as much as I do though particularly for a bedtime snack. I spent most of the night with Zoe's comb over nestled nicely in my mouth. DELICIOUS!
Is it even possible for my offspring to look *less* like me? I think not.
Fenner is very discerning about her entertainment - I can't look away when she's in this jumper. She hates the swing, she hates the rocker but man does she dig the Jolly Jumper and Canadian Indie Rock.
video

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Doesn't it make you feel awesome when they take such a delight in "reading"?

The video is fantastic!

Carrie

David said...

Ahhh- tres cute!
See you Saturday!
Love
Aunt Sally

Dr. Steph said...

The person who invented the jolly jumper was a freakin' genius!

I love watching babies bounce in them as much as they like bouncing.

Nice orange coat and very nice purple coat (I started my Vino on Wednesday).

Allison said...

The vino looks great on you. Now I want to make one.
(same goes for your gorgeous baby)

pink_peony said...

Love the Zoe Mellor have been trying to find a baby I love enough to make it. I might a child's size for one of niece's or nephew but i do love the orange. I have orange cotton I could use from a tank top that would be perfect.

pink_peony said...

FYI it is Jean-Anne

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. 600 yards, eh? Would that be enough for a sweater just like Fenner's but for... say....an *aunt*???

Oh-so-subtle,
Aunt Martha

Sandi Purl said...

the Robin Hood Cabled Jacket - gorgeous!
the Vino - stunning
Fenner - adorable
you - freakin gorgeous!

alyson said...

I am all warm and fuzzy after those pictures, and how yummy is that Mommy!?
Just caught your blog post. We're going to be in TO for Easter - tell me you're not coming to Ottawa the same weekend?????