Saturday, November 24, 2007

What do you mean it's Saturday?

You'll love this Rams. Based on Fenner's awesome sleeping, last week I called my boss and told her that I'd like to start working again. Just a couple of hours a day say 10 to 20 a week enough to keep my brain from turning fully into mush

Clearly it was time for me to meet the Fates face to face because approximately 2 minutes after I hung up the phone Fenner woke up and stopped sleeping during the day for longer than 30 minutes at a time. Until Friday night after a day of spending time lounging on a beautiful new sheepskin from Lismore Sheep Farm at the Purple Purl being snuggled by le Den she slept from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm and 9:30 pm to midnight and then midnight to 6:00 am.

She is currently sleeping like a dream right now. I have learned another lesson. I shall not plan life based on what we're doing right now, clearly, things will change and thusly so will I.

In other more victorious news. Winter arrived in Toronto last week! On Thursday it was snowing and cold - I felt like every trip out of the house was training for that day. We not only got out of the house but we went to yoga where I actually flexed a muscle and stretched a couple more. I met mothers that were the same crazy that I am - it felt like we had climbed Mt. Kilamanjaro.

Then on Friday when it was -20 C with wind chill - WE WENT FOR A WALK and spent the whole day out of the house. I am mother hear me roar!

11 comments:

tapeheads said...

I am also rather proud of myself for getting out of the house on both Thursday and Friday as well.

Sandi Purl said...

keep on rockin it mothah love!

k said...

Yay for Jen and Fenner and Yay For Yoga!

I CAN hear your motherly roar all the way over here in Aurora dude- that's some loud roaring.

Spooky_Knitter said...

Um, was this the same Thursday when you almost burned down the Victory Cafe? I'm shocked that didn't get a mention...
It was fabulous to see you and the sweet, sweet baby.

Dr. Steph said...

Good idea on the planning. The babies can hear mommies and they laugh at our folly.

Rachel H said...

Dearheart, embrace the brain mush. Relax into it. Let the knowledge that no one expects more from you than basic autonomic functioning right now flow over you peacefully...

And once you've stopped laughing at that, Ms Type A personality, try this: even the most well mannered baby is going to knock you on your ass during a growth spurt or other development phase and those damn things come at you without warning. Crossword puzzles are the safest method of mental stimulation at this stage of Fenner's life. There's always gonna be work to do, honey, but the time to just sit and be googly eyed watching your lovely wee girl sleep goes by too damn quick.

Rachel H said...

And also, I stayed inside last Thursday. All day. Got up, looked out the window, put on some thick socks and sent the boss a note saying 'working from home" and grabbed my cup of tea.

Clearly, you are made of stronger stuff than I. Which I am totally ok with. :o)

m&a said...

The brain mush theory is just that, a theory. I went back a year later better than before and you'll go back in full force once you're supposed to. Don't rush it dude, there's always work!

rams said...

My own brain is MFA mush, so I'm late to the party. I had a theory that, just as in The Old Days they said you lose a tooth for each child (yea calcium supplements!) now one temporarily loses 50 points off one's IQ, 5 of which never come back. Now, though, I think it's more like a butterfly in its chrysallis -- their caterpillar bodies actually dissolve and reorganize as butterflies. They're just not asked to function during the soup stage.

But yeah -- go ahead and make plans. Those big smiles from Fenner will be some compensation.

Mommy bear said...

You've been tagged NaBloPoMo memeber visit http://bottlesbarbiesandboys.blogspot.com/

agnieszka said...

How are you and the baby? What's with the long silence?