Sunday, November 11, 2007

Safe in the hands of the Knitters

We went out! Socially! With other grown ups!

Jason helped Fenner and I go meet the knitters - it was our first trip on the TTC with the stroller. I don't think any stroller is manageable for one woman on a streetcar.

IT'S THE MAN KEEPING US DOWN!! INDEPENDANT MOTHERS OF THE WORLD UNITE! FIGHT THE POWER!

Ah, hormones..... what was I writing about? Ah, yes...safe in the hands of knitters, Fenner.

What I'm really looking forward to is regaining the ability to hold a conversation for more than a couple of minutes . As it was I was rendered a babbling bubble brain by all the knitters in the room. Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton, Julia and their mysterious cohort in a beautiful sweater were very patient and understanding with my lack of conversational ability.

Besides which - Fenner can distract even the most conversational of adults. She's that great. Am looking forward to stitch and bitch on Wednesday, mostly for the opportunity to distract all the other right thinking adults with my awesome baby because lord knows I'm not the best at finishing a complete thoug...

Where was I? I can't remember - happy Saturday everybody!

2 comments:

Rachel H said...

I'm eagerly awaiting my chance for Fenner to turn me into an unthinking pile of adoring mush.

k said...

Me too Rachel H. I am leaving you alone Jen- because I don't want to pressure you. But know I am waiting with eager anticipation to visit and smother you and your babe with kisses. To your dear PIC who I also love- I can give a copy of the book "How To Make Any New Mother Happy" because I have it and don't need it anymore.

Also because he is an awesome guy, and might actually leaf through it.

Love to you and your family (and to all the knitters, who I hope to engage with again soon too)

PS- Glad you are getting out there!