Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Oopy.

Hey Laura;

It was great seeing you at the store today. Thanks for holding the sale bin bright orange Misty Alpaca yarn for me for the past couple of days. It's going to make a great baby sized pumpkin bunting bag that I plan on dressing le Pork Bun in on Halloween this year.

I didn't get the chance to tell you about the awesome Shiatsu massage I'd just had at the Shiatsu School of Canada. One of the negotiating tactics my midwife had recommended and our "big" induction project for the day (we have a couple every day). It was pretty amazing because at very specific pressure points the pork bun got very antsy and there was definitely resulting contractions...but not really enough to convince le Pork Bun to get a move on.

It's really good to know that if I need a cab quick you can pull a number out of your brain, dial it and have it arrive without any fuss or muss. It's also very handy to know that a cab from the store to my house is a mere 20 minutes and $15.00 away. You'd be a great first aider - not an ounce of panic!

I'm not sure if you realize this yet but no, I was not in labour - you got a brief look into what life has been like for the last 3 or 4 days for my husband though. Apparently the smaller my bladder get the more confusing sensations like water breakage can be.

While it would seem that there has been progress (labour in innumberable easy installments!!) there won't be a baby tonight. I really really wish I had though - what a great story that could have been!!!

Anyhoo, thanks again for the help and hopefully I won't see you tomorrow night.

Cheers,

Jen

8 comments:

pink_peony said...

So does mean if I get my ass in gear to the store you maybe there tomorrow night. There could be a great chance for me since I no longer have a tv.

pink_peony said...

It is I, Jean-Anne

Happy to hear Laura was there when you needed her too bad it was a false alarm.

laura said...

awww. you're welcome. maybe i'll be there to call you a cab for the real thing!

xo

Craftygrrrl said...

If your water does burst at the store does that mean you get to keep any yarn it gets on?

And if it's any comfort peeing ones panties and water breaking are very diffrent sensations, but both will still leave you in a puddle.

Good luck and I may make an appearance tonight at LK so if your there we can rub Liam on you to see if that helps.

Dr. Steph said...

Hopefully I won't see you tonight. I'm sending the labour vibes your way.

I guess the castor oil solution hasn't been broached yet. I remember my mom on the phone with my Memere and I could hear her yelling "huil de castor!" as the solution to my long time past due date Emma.

pink_peony said...

By the way, I ended up buying the other two balls of misty alphaca for a scarf for a friend. What size needle did you use?

Jean-Anne

fibersnob said...

I'm taking that as you haven't posted today you're busy birthing?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen. I heard the news. Congrat's. I asked Advocis for your personal email address, however they wouldn't share. Linda passed on your Blogger page.

My email is celiaciotola@yahoo.ca

I can't wait to see pictures of your princess. I'll send you some also.

Celia