Wednesday, October 10, 2007

And in other news...

Little Napoleon continues to dictate that he/she will not be joining us for another day. Instead of bringing you a beautiful baby I spent the day voting and delivering my ROE's to the HRDC to ensure that I have some semblance of an income in a few weeks. Yay, Income!!!

Jason and I enjoyed the Edward Gorey exhibit at the Lilith A Smith Library. I guess celebrating an author whose entire body of work would rival Edgar Allan Poe for dark comedy may not be the best way to convince our new bun to come....it was satisfying nonetheless.

Then to stitch and bitch for a little bit of low cal knitting in the outside world. Good for the headspace. I don't think there's anything better than hooking up with the ladies outside of the house with a delicious Ideal Latte fondling the silk/alpaca blends. Mayhaps spicy dimsum

I finished the never ending Denmark Socks out of Opal superwash from Knitting On the Road. These were never. ending.

So now the Denmark socks are done, I've dealt with my maternity leave bureaucracy and we've voted. I expect Napoleon to show up any minute now.

8 comments:

Jillian said...

Sounds like you've got everything ready and Napoleon can show up anytime now. Edward Gorey is a little morbid though....

Kim said...

Maybe if you start reading Edward Gorey's, The Gashlycrumb Tinies to the reluctant Napoleon, he'll come barrleing out. I love Edward Gorey! Dark but hilarious.

Craftygrrrl said...

Have you thought about explaining to Napoleon all the benefits of life in the Out? Food is also a good motivator, try explaining to Garglor the finer points of a good gooey Brie oozing over a fresh baguet. That seemed to have motivated Master Liam.

Not An Artist said...

SATURDAY. I'm telling you.

Besides, that will work perfectly with the whole "going into labour in a bar" thing, if it starts while you're at drunken knitters ;)

m&a said...

I'm so envious of your knitting talents. How you manage to knit so much, in so little time... it's incredible.

We await news of Napoleon's arrival.

aviva said...

Mmmm... guess we're out for dimsum. I have my own theories why (EEEEEEEEEEE!!!) but probably you're just at an appointment again. For your sake I hope it's the former. GOOD LUCK honey, for whenever s/he decides to come out.

Tracey, in MI said...

I'd ask--- but I won't I remember wanting to kill every single person who said "no baby yet?"

But I am watching and looking forward to seeing that sweet baby!

And to find out whether and or what you knit in labor, of course.

Alison said...

Hi Jen. I bet you've got a baby now! As an October baby myself, I assure you that your little one will be sweet, adorable, brilliant, and maybe a little indecisive. (Or maybe not...)