Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Random Thoughts

Thoughts that have crossed my mind in the past week or so:

1. How is it possible that the plot of the Transformers was completely dependant upon the actions of Soundwave to move forward. Soundwave is the Decepticon who was informally voted off the "relevant" island.

2. Why is it that my beautiful offspring desperately wants fresh pasta every day for lunch - in the middle of a heat wave and wants nothing but greens and crunchy veggies when the heat breaks?

3. It has recently come to my attention that when I first named this blog it was because Jan wrote a spectacularly funny song of the same name....and in about 3 months it's going to have a whole new meaning in my life.
4. Knitting continues and yet the finishing of the projects taunts me but I can't stop starting and obsessing.

5. Am heading up to the family cottage with my oldest friend this weekend am very excited for a chilly girly time up at the lake. Lots of knitting as it looks like it will be a cool one.
6. My first attempt at dye manipulation in a crockpot: I call the colourway Bluesberry. I think the fleece was blue leicester and I originally dyed it unevenly brilliant red. I tried to calm it down by overdying it with a little bit o' blue. I'm not totally disappointed but would like to learn some control over the colour. Next step!

5 comments:

Rachel H said...

Is Soundwave that nasty little one? I saw the movie last weekend because I have a 6 year old boy. I have no other knowledge of the Transformers.

Not An Artist said...

1. I think you mean Frenzy -- Soundwave wasn't in this movie. According to my uber-geek-boy, Soundwave is slated to be in the next one. Apparently the director Michael Bay didn't think the role was "big enough" for Soundwave.

Good seeing you last night!

Lorraine said...

Not sure who Soundwave is but I like the colourway!! Hope you had a great time at the cottage. Definitely knitting weather around here. Me like.

Dr. Steph said...

Still tittering over sensitive girl hole.

I won't scare you with all the better descriptives I've come up with.

Just get the undies that hold the ice pack...

Diane said...

the yarn looks lovely...what a great colourway