Wednesday, June 27, 2007

If I could only stop resenting my laptop.

For the heat that it is generating I would be able to write a coherant post about how awesome it is to work from home in a non air conditioned environment.

All reports point to 43 degrees and the sweat streaming from my belly is agreeing with said reports.

Everytime I try and write I get hynotised by the picture of me and the sisters canoeing and the water calls.

Thank god we're heading out to Frontenac Park this weekend.

Must refill water spritzer in order to attempt to keep body temperature below "losing my shit"

Peace out.

6 comments:

Jillian said...

If you want, you can work from my home. Rob and I both aren't there all day and we have AC! Although the place is crazy messy most of the time...

alyson said...

I feel for you sister! In the last few months of pregnancy, Gilles thought our bedroom (only place with air) was set to North Pole temps. Give the belly a pat for me and hit the air when you can - I say take your friend up on her offer......You need to k e e p y o u r s e l f s a n e........if it makes you feel better, you may rationalize that it's all for the baby!

Dr. Steph said...

Gargalor make heat. Pregnant and summer are not so fun. Try a cool cloth on the back your neck and take advantage of working from home and strip down!

Today will be better...

Carol said...

BIG spritzer bottle full of water! And a fan. Sit in front of. Just a suggestion.

Lorena said...

Putting something cool on the pulse points on your wrist should help cool you down, also, as the blood close to the surface will cool down and circulate. Or so says Survivorman, not like he's ever been pregnant in summer (but would I ever pay good money to see THAT!).

Samantha said...

I hope you had a lovely time canoeing! Pregnancy and summer are not the best of friends, but when we can keep cool in a canoe it helps. :) I haven't been out on the water yet this year. My sciatica started to act up when the start of canoeing season started and even though I've been feeling better I haven't had time. Hopefully this weekend we'll get out. I only have 7 weeks until this baby gets here and I intend to get on the water before then.