Monday, June 11, 2007

Did you go public?

For the first time in the history of the TTC Knit A Long my overspending and overstimulated face was not partaking. Not only that but I missed the first patio Drunken Knitters night! Am still desperately awaiting for folks to post their fun stories of the night (hint hint).
Instead I chose to rebel against KIP Day by SIP'ing instead. There was KIP'ing as well but Stella really brought the fun this weekend. After a few hours of suntanning she got antsy for some movement and exploration.
Stella really got to know my sister Liz on this trip. They spent a lot of time together. My sister regalling Stella with stories of industry and government committees for sustainable water resource management implementation. The future of water conservation in development and the dangers of complacency and self-congratulation in the green movement.Stella in turn regalled Liz about her evil intentions for a merino fleece. Once spun up she planned on cooking and colouring the yarn. Liz recounted this story to me with some concern that it sounded a lot like a sort of a Silence of the Lamb scenario without the hand cream. Of course, Stella conveniently forgot to warn Liz and the rest of the cottage dwellers about the smell that is emitted by the boiling, dyeing merino fleece. The wet dog smell that ate two cottages.
They were impressed with the finished product though. I'm pretty happy with the colour and am looking forward to playng with unspun fleece and dyes. The next step!
I finally finished the Pea Pod Baby Set. I'm about halfway done the matching hat and I LOVE IT. The sweater, the yarn (Dream In Color), the pattern. It was all delightful. I'm glad to have it done. There are so many fun things currently in play right now! Endpaper Gloves! Nautie! Flower Basket Shawl! Jane!
I'm desperately trying to hold off starting a baby hat using this pattern. So! Nerdy!

5 comments:

Rachel H said...

That Stella needs watching methinks...

Not An Artist said...

Don't worry, you didn't miss the first patio drunken knitters ever after all. Did you miss the crazy thunderstorms up in cottage country?

denny Mcmillan said...

7 shawls 7 of them you know you want to.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

krista said...

those pictures are hilarious. You are the best Jen.

we'll talk very soon, summer is nuts busy.

love k