Friday, June 15, 2007

24 weeks and I'm heading for the water...

Dear Jason,

Whew. Am I ever glad that week is over.

Something shifted last weekend for the little Smooshie. I suspect we've finished building all the major organs and we're going for size now. Whatever we spent last week growing was really uncomfortable and hormonal for me. I'm hopeful that this week we will be back to the "Holy Hannah - I feel great and feel like a sexy hot Mama!!" phase again. That was a fun phase - remember that? I just wanted to thank you for being such an aweome Partner in Crime last week. You really had my back, brain, belly and heart and I'm not sure I would have made it through as ...'gracefully' without you.

Most notable I wanted to thank you for not telling me what I'm able to do. You have no idea how good it feels to know that you believe in me and my ability to ask for help. Trying to convince people that I know my own limits is a losing and disempowering battle. You provide a safe harbour that I know I don't need to 'prove' myself or fight for myself.

I'm feeling great today and Smooshie is doing the little weekend dance. We'll miss you this weekend but can't wait to see what next week brings us.


Love J and S.

6 comments:

Gemmill said...

You are a superhuman of motherhood. I always trust your judgement and will always have your back. You and shmoosh enjoy your adventure weekend. Smudgie and I will miss you both. All four of us can dance together when you get home.

Love you madly, deeply and always.

Jason

Jen said...

Thank goodness for wonderful partners! Lord knows mine has made this pregnancy more bearable! Hang in there, you're past the half way point!

Jillian said...

Jen - you look so super cute! I've never met Jason but I've always heard/read such great things about him. You two are going to be awesome/fun parents!

Wannietta said...

I liked the phrase "Yummy Mummy"!! You're beautiful and you wear your Smooshie well!

alyson said...

YOU know your own limitations better than anyone - Jason is a fab dude, but this just confirms it! You look fab and I hope the three of you have an awesome time in Muskoka, bliss that it is.

Dame Wendy said...

Awww! The post and then his comment. So cute! :)

You look lovely. :)