Thursday, May 24, 2007

Squatters Rights!

At the halfway mark.


I think I'm experiencing what they call Runners High. I feel great and am wondering why I waited until I was pregnant to take such good care of myself. My Aunt Martha has indicated that by weeks 36 through 40 the runners high may wear off and time will slow to a crawl. I'm choosing denial as my coping mechanism thankyouverymuch.

In order to make room for my squatter's frighteningly large cranium, we've been forced to undergo some radical renovations.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

so exciting!
Liz H.

Sandi Purl said...

wow!

Wannietta said...

Because it's easier for a woman to make sacrifices for someone else rather than herself. But there is no one better to do your best for than for your child!! You're wearing it well dahling!!

Jillian said...

You look great!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Those first ultrasound pictures are priceless! I know what you mean about the runner's high, and I'm thankful for it. In about 10 weeks when I hit 30 weeks and it's boiling hot summer, I'll be glad I got so much done now. Here's to a continued healthy 9 months.
Jen
http://knittingnicunurse.typepad.com

kelly said...

Wow lookityou!!! You look awesome :)

denny Mcmillan said...

I want to touch your belly

Kim said...

Hey, yo look great! I had that "runners high" all through my pregnancy. I felt great pretty much the whole time. Walking was an incredibly slow process toward the end. I went into labor a week early so I didn't have to go through the mind-f#ck of waiting waiting waiting to go into labor at the end.

meg said...

Look at YOU!!!

You look absolutely glowy and perfect, just perfect. I'm so darned thrilled for you and Jason.

As for the runner's high, I had it all the way through (after the first three barfy months) and I wasn't significantly uncomfy until the last few days.

I can't wait to see that belly in the flesh!