Friday, May 11, 2007

Some finished objects to make you look purdy.

I'm having a really hard time engaging in anything more complicated then the moss stitch right now. I blame GARGALOR! as a result I give you some classic simple knits that I've finished in the last week or so.

The big bad baby blanket and umbilical hat from Stitch n' Bitch in Trekking XXL. We don't know what sex Gargalor is going to committ to and we don't plan on finding out so I'm enjoying gender neutral colors and focussing on soft yarn and yarn that wears to soft. This is a simple knit to pass the first trimester. God it was a slow trimester as we counted each day that we didn't miscarry. This was a perfect knit for that time.
My goal for the wedding in Brentwood Bay was to knit and make all my accessories. I managed to do meet my deadline for possibly the first time in my knitting career. I chose another simple but beautiful knit - the Goldilocks Shawl from Fleece Artist.


The smell of silk grew on me during this knit. Up until my Sandi inspired shawl the smell of silk sort of put me off, now I don't want to wash this shawl and lose the delicious perfume. Maybe the reason for my love of the simple knit could be put to this pretty little trinket. I have to admit that this is only part one of the necklace. There are tiny crocheted floral charms to be added. I just needed to catch my breath from the 1mm crochet hook. I have way too many works in progress right now and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. Which is not the way my knitting is supposed to make me feel. I'm looking forward to showing you some finished baby gear, a sweater and a pair of socks in the next week or so.

Oh and this was the view from our room in BC. I love BC. So much room to breath.

And of course everything was in full bloom.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I always really loved the Rapunzel shawl - so basic but really pretty and easy to wear. Used to wear one around our store all the time.

Also, you're totally rocking that necklace. See you later this week.

Not An Artist said...

Oooh, I love the necklace! I noticed it on wednesday and it is gorgeous on you.

Rachel H said...

Hey, happy mother's day you gorgeous impending mother you.

Sandi Purl said...

yeaye for goldie! and all of the other beautiful pieces. you're just go go go aren'tcha! Gargalor or no!
xoxo