Thursday, May 17, 2007

Blog fodder for a blank mind: The Meme

Dr. Steph tagged me for the 7 facts meme and since I'm so obsessed with knitting stockinette this is way more interesting for you than my knitting or spinning.

Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game.

1. When I was a little baby I had surgery to correct my lazy eye. It's kind of grown out now and if you're lucky, if the light is right and I'm just tired enough you'll catch my right eye trying to make it's escape over to the right side.

Jason likes to kiss me with his eyes open because my lazy eye will often wig out when I try to focus on objects close to my face. He's a sick bastard

2. I think that drinking home roasted coffee from The Merchants of Green Coffee out of a homemade mug is one of the most luxurious acts in my life. I feel blessed that I get to do it every day.

3. Part of me is terrified that mother nature is getting me ready for no sleep for the rest of my life by having me wake up between 4:00 and 6:00 in the morning everyday. Part of me is comforted by the fact that nature takes care of these sorts of details so that hopefully I can fight the bigger fires. But mostly I'm terrified.

On the bright side...is there any better time to write and have a fresh cup of joe?

4. I believe that the only plants that don't die in my home and garden are the ones I say hello to every day. This leads to some pretty crazy compulsive behaviour - we recently planted a flower box in our "front yard" and every morning I go outside to check on the plants and see how they are doing. Yesterday I noticed that there was new growth and I was relieved that my theory still holds true

5. I am afraid or shy about almost everything I do. Everything from meeting new people, to doing comedy, to skydiving, starting a new job, learning a new stitch - the full spectrum of risk activity. Life is a series of leaping off of cliffs. I live a lot of my life taking a deep breath and taking the plunge and doing my best to have fun while surviving. Sometimes it's exhausting.

There is a direct correlation between how scared or shy I am and the amount of fun I will have.

6. Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday. Right after the scorching heat of the summer the fall feels like sweet relief and the colours of the trees, spectacular. I'm very happy that our baby is due around that weekend.

7. I got a thank you card from the mother of the boy I gave Spherey to. I didn't realize that the doctors recommend the kids have a toy that they bring in for treatments - Spherey went through some pretty heavy rounds of chemo (he got the needle first before J did) and was a real trooper. J and Spherey are starting back at school next week!

Spherey is my proudest creation, simple to knit but gave more than any other of my handknits.

3 comments:

Yvette said...

Hurray for Spherey!
And you've never struck me as shy. My first impression of you was that I wished I could be as easily social and friendly as you are. I'm terribly nervous at all new meetings. Life's funny n'est pas?

Dr. Steph said...

Craig is with you on the home-roasted coffee. Me, I think Craig needs lessons.

I'm going to start talking to the plants...

Sandi Purl said...

you are beautiful.