Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Seems just right

That on the day of this blog's second anniversary (yesterday), I wrote my 400th post. I like the roundedness of the numbers coinciding with the roundedness of the event.

You see I very rarely stick things out. Until Jason, relationships were something that would die for any number of reasons just before 6 months. Although I suppose relationships are like LSD - wait for it.

Folks always seem to do acid, usually quite a bit of it, until they have the bad trip. The bad trip is so bad that they never touch the stuff again. I always found that fascinating - that this drug was so potent that when it wasn't fun anymore it was SO NOT FUN that it would never be used again. There aren't that many drugs out there like that anymore.

When I met Jason the idea of not being with him was SO NOT FUN that it was not even really considered. What would be the point?

That was the first brick in my wall of seeing partnerships, friendships, and projects to the even more fulfilling long term relationship. Knitting hasn't seemed to slacken, in fact I think I might do it until my hands are gnarled with age, my skin is liver spotted and my memory as sharp and lasting as any grandmothers'.

Blogging has been an amazing exercise in writing. Unexpectedly, it has opened doors to a whole world of friendships that are no longer virtual and in fact inspire me in a million ways that I didn't think was possible.

Mothers, writers, artists, weavers, spinners, drinkers, smokers, knitters. Men and women from so many walks of life that I would never have had the luxury of meeting had I not started writing. Doesn't the intertube just rock?

5 comments:

Dr. Steph said...

Happy Blogiversary. Sounds like, life and love are good.

Here's to many more years of all of it.

Wannietta said...

Online is the best place in the world!! I wish I had discovered this blogging thing earlier, but better late than never.
I love your blog & really happy to have been able to meet you in person. You rock!

Jillian said...

Happy anniversary!

Kim said...

Happy Blogiversary! Your LSD analogy is spot on!

Sandi Purl said...

happy blogiversary! thanks for introducing me to the world of blog. you continue to rock in oh so many ways. keep it up, sister!