Monday, April 30, 2007

16 weeks 4 days.....and life is great

I've been trying to get some sit down and write time since early last week. It's pretty amazing how easy it was to get into the habit of not writing after a few short weeks.

My recovery from a new job has almost been completed. I find the first month of a new job exhausting - learning new politics, how to work from home, how to feel like my lunch break shouldn't be spent doing household chores and most importantly how to have a guilt free 30 minute afternoon nap. I have to say working from home is every bit as good as I'd dreamt.

The best fringe benefit I've ever had is the ability to have an afternoon nap. I'm really busy right now making a baby and I find I can't be awake for more than 7 hours without a nap. So knitting is the perfect time filler....oh, there's been knitting and spinning.

Without further ado I present the reason I'm waking up at 4:06 am EVERY DAY: Smooshie (when I'm feeling 'nice')/GARGALOR (when I'm starving to death)/Mooshka (for when my faux Jew sister is in town)

15 comments:

Jillian said...

CONGRATS! I'm super exited for you and Jason. And glad to hear that the working from home is going well!

Rachel H said...

Look! A Baby! Damn I'm glad you finally spilled the beans here. This secret keeping is hard work.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I think we;re both due the same day. Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!
Jen
http://knittingnicunurse.typepad.com

Not An Artist said...

Ooh, Gargalor!

Wannietta said...

I'm so happy for you!! I didn't want to say anything on Saturday when I saw you - that question can lead to uncomfortableness & awkwardness if the answer isn't 'yes' .

kelly said...

YAAAAY!

I was *so* hoping that this was your secret. Nicely done!

sarah fay said...

congratulations jen!

That's awesome!

Lily said...

Congrats! Baby looks just like you:)
Miss you!!

Mel said...

Hooray and congrats :D

krista said...

Amazing isn't it? Wow. The wonder and capacity of the female body.

Sandi Purl said...

congrats! what a cutie! just like you (and jason, of course)! Smooshie!!

Kim said...

Congrats! Hello little bean!

Lorena said...

hah! Love Gargalor. Congratulations!

canknitian said...

WHOA! I'm just catching up -- CONGRATULATIONS!!! Lucky baby!

Lara said...

Congratulations! Hope things continue to go well for you and your new family :)