Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Isn't it ironic

That the more newsworthy events that happen in life, the less time I have to write about them?
In knitting news: Swallowtail Shawl from a 2006 Interweave Knits in BLACK Misti Alpaca is finished but I can't upload the pictures due to fussy computer. It could be because I'm BLIND. I do believe knitting lace in black may have been the final frontier of novice knitter mistakes to make.
She says as she furiously knits for a deadline on Saturday morning.

The top down wrap around knit cardi. I finished it but then didn't like how short it was. Have undone the cast off and am adding a good 3 inches of garter stitch border - take THAT buddha belly! Hopefully, the extra 4 inches will lead to a better picture - cross your fingers.
Life adventure:

I start my new job tomorrow. I'm not sure how my first day of working from home is going to go. Am feeling a little uncomfortable with the unknown. I got my first work related hardware today. A Vonage phone.

I remember when I used to access my emails at school through Gopher - it was all in DOS font and colours. All of the nerds talked about how the internet would act as phone lines and we'd be able to create whole virtual worlds. Vonage really brings that home for me.

Off Colour:

In my quest to complete my image as one of the chosen people. I've joined the JCC gym. I figure if I'm going to be working from home, I'd better figure out a way to control the size of my ass or we'd all be in big trouble.

I love the JCC - I was a member there 9 years ago (my "six pack" years) when it was an armpit, they've gone through all sorts of reno and it's a dreamy dreamy gym with a great pool. I need to go a minimum of 7 times a month to cover the cost and I'm having no problems with that so far. More than that for some reason people are friendlier there than at the Goodlife.

Spinning:

Have lots of spinning that needs dyeing. I think that this will be my April fools day investment. Acid Dyes. I'd like to make a blanket for my family out of my handspun. have yet to decide if I'll take on a project a la Ms. SQ . Seriously, have you read the last issue? I think that she has a screw or two loose for that spectacular piece of art. You would have to lock me up in a padded room for that.

That's right Elle! I said it!

6 comments:

Jillian said...

I went to LK to look for the wrap pattern and couldn't find it for the life of me. I could remember what the lady looked like on the front but not the company so of course everyone thought I was crazy. Good luck tomorrow!

Lorraine said...

You see when you spin a lot, the screws start to loosen ;-)

Good luck at the new gig tomorrow!

Erin said...

hey lady I'm back blogging (maybe you noticed and uh, just didn't egg me on, sort of bummed out I had to con my one commenter into commenting...woe is me) and emailed yah.

don't be too busy to keep in touch. ever since the evil office blocked msn i'm in a bubble of actual task. u gh.

also, do you think the JCC will add to the fact that random strangers assume you to be jewish?

am i the only one who finds that a little haha? oh and i remember i told you about my girl experience in front of the jcc in a vomit of conversation that lasted 2 mins, but was valuable. memorable conversation!

LOVE YOU!
e

Dr. Steph said...

Stay away from the knitting when working at home--trust me.

I love your new knits.

I work right by the JCC, we should do lunch one day after your workout.

Yvette said...

I like the cardi on you as it is, particularly the bathtub stance.

Vivienne said...

Dude, you are kidding me! I joined the JCC last November.

Post-workout Fresh smoothies sometime? Email me!