Saturday, February 03, 2007

I did stuff - just not fun writing

When I told my oldest friend that I was writing my application essay for Ryerson, she said "As long as you don't procrastinate, you'll be fine" This is the girl that I've forced to proof read innumberable assy essays from university - many of which were written (start to finish) the night before they were due. A heavy price to pay for a roommate.

I took her advice seriously and started writting well in advance. While I tried to cut myself off from all the fun, a girl can't live on academic applications alone. So there was a ton of knitting. In keeping with my new years resolutions. The first gift of the year was knit, packed and sent. My cat tried to go as well.

Some beautiful thrummed mittens for a deserving mother in the northlands - I may be the only person happy with the drop in temperature. I used black Cascade 220 and some Fleece Artist merino roving. The picture is really dark but the mits look like stained glass in the light. I love them.

I also finished my first pair of socks of the year. Le Vesper in Le Crew. These socks are nothing but trouble and many livers were injured in the making of them.

Their powers are better served helping me do my spinning homework. Which was my third outlet during the writing black out. More on that tomorrow.

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Way to go in getting the essay done! Good luck. Spinning homework?! Do tell :-)

Love the thrummed mitts. And I love the cold too...L:

denny Mcmillan said...

trouble, trouble wait don't run, this kinda trouble is lots o fun.Push the bubble, pop the dice, get the red dot and YOU CHUG TWICE.

denny Mcmillan said...

Hi Lorraine . I'll call soon for a loomimg date ,xoxox

Yvette said...

Pretty, pretty kitty. Let's see more of her! Enough of this ambition and hard work. Trying to make the rest of us look bad?

denny Mcmillan said...

Cupcakes over at Amy's blog.......dare ya.