Thursday, December 07, 2006

tick. tock. tick. tock.

This week has been brutal. I've been fighting the overwhelming need to not wake up and just remain nested in my handmade log cabin quilt from my aunt. Sweet sweet sleep - my day to day favourite state of being was becoming a little bit too addictive.

I know I'm just feeling blue and while it's not crippling yet if I caved to the false necessity of staying in bed all day it would be crippling. So I drag myself out of bed and try and engage solely in activities that alleviate blueness when possible. You know the ones, they involve more yarn than workplace mediation.

Enjoying the memories of the company of life affirming and positive women while gorging on healthy nutritious food and drink. Linda, Beth and Melissa before a stitch and bitch last week. I wasn't feeling blue last week so this is a helpful memory to remind me that I can get passed this week. I do wish I had a few pictures of me with my mouth shut...I suppose a guffaw is alright.

I sent Linda and Beth to the Bad Dog Theatre to see my husband making funny and look what Linda sent me. If there is anything to make a girl grin and move on it's a picture of her freakishly large rock and roll hugging a couple of free range lactation consultants. Warms the cockles of my heart.

Last night I had to get out of the house after work. Three hours of CSI curled up on the couch alternately sleeping and feeling sorry for myself was getting boring. Thank the alpacas I went to Lettuce Knit because Jean Anne came and saved my life. She made it look easy too.

When I got home I found a veritable zoo of balloon animals. J was getting a little worried and attacked my blues with his army of balloon animals and snowmen. The blues retreated like the pansies they are for the time being.

These are the moments that get me through the crappy stuff.

5 comments:

Jill said...

I hate crappy periods. And CSI never helps anything! You make me miss Sn'B, I sometimes forget how much fun it is to hang out with a bunch of women and just chill.

Not An Artist said...

Word.

jacquieblackman said...

Double word. Up.

Jean-Anne said...

It is your favorite anonymous stalker. Yeah I am aware that I am not anonymous I just love the phrase. I had alot of fun last night. It was meant to be why else would someone show up at an SNB without knitting/crafting and not want to buy something. I was the way of the universe. Cuse trust me my big plan for the night all day was going home to watch "Bones".
I think the picture you took of me was the most flattering picture I have seen of me in the blog universe. Thank you.

Craftygrrrl said...

I'm sorry to hear about the crappy go of things you're having. If my wheel arrives soon perhaps we can ambush Denny for a round of spinning therapy.