Monday, December 11, 2006

The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling!

On Saturday evening this was the view from our back patio. There has been a theme of pictures that are reminiscent of stain glass in my life right now...

The Toronto skyline was kind of eery and I have a bit of an armageddon complex so I had to check to make sure our portable water filter was where I'd put it after the last camping trip, the bike tires were pumped and confirm the canned goods cupboard. You know. Just In Case.

Once I knew we had enough to sustain us for at least 36 hours I finished the long overdue Big Bad Baby Blanket from Stitch and Bitch. She will be leaving me for a beautiful baby in Halifax - I'm so very jealous. I made it out of Lana Grossa Meilenweit double stranded. Easy and to the point I loved it. I had attempted to knit two baby sweaters already for him and they both turned out like they would fit a first time mother's worst nightmare. Don't make me go any further with the description of the arm vs neck diameter.

My dad could wear it. Sure he looked like the gayest sailor on the dock but he could wear it like a tight tight pink tee. In reference to the horror that was the baby sweater, all my Mimi said was: "Who is *that* for?"

2 comments:

krista said...

You finished it! YAY! Pretty.

tapeheads said...

Denny and I noticed the sky on Saturday at the store too. totally freaky.