Thursday, December 21, 2006

Merry Chanookah and Happy Anniversary.

I spent much of last night at Lettuce Knit for their holiday celebrations. Megan and her posse of fleece magicians throw a great celebration. I started there at around 7:00pm I left at 8:15 and met my girl friend for a couple of pints but had to return to fix a problem with a project.

You know the saying: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime? Denny gave me a fish. It was delicious!

At around 11:00pm the neighbourhood carollers showed up - they were faboolous! If you recognize what they are wearing enjoy the quiet victory that was won this week.


All said and done. What a fantastic time and way to celebrate a wonderful place to learn to knit and be with some inspiring creative forces. Lettuce Knit can get my juices flowing on the most blue of days.

Before I get too mushy about how much I love the store and the people that fill it I must sign off and go poke around at some mysterious gifts.

4 comments:

krista said...

wish i were there!

you better put more pictures up of your finished lizard ridge woman.

Rachel H said...

It is a place and a people deserving of much mushiness. There's no question that being welcomed into that group has been the absolute best part of my 2006. I couldn't live without you guys.

denny Mcmillan said...

I smell fishy now. My dog keeps licking my hands.
Oh wait thats cause I made the boys tuna fish for lunch today..... carry on folks.cheers.

Jean-Anne said...

I am glad I stayed so late it was great seeing you. It was great seeing the carollers. It is one of those stories someone tells and you say ah I missed it. Thank you all for a wonderful christmas party. It has gotten me into the holiday mood.

You can never tell what will happen on a night of S'NB at Lettuce Knit!!! It is always magical and wonderful!!!