Tuesday, November 21, 2006

STELLAAAAAA!

Remember when I bought my Joy? Contrary to the lack of progress reports here on ye ol' hole I've been spinning up a storm. Denny, you were right - it really is as good as all that...must mobius with you next time we play.

My very first shlubby deliciousness is here. I've made my first finished object out of my own handspun. Some Corriedale from Romni and some Merino from Lettuce Knit

Meet the Tuque of 2007. The port o' Squarey.

Round Two was some more Lettuce Merino and it got a litte bit more even. My niddy noddy and I had a minor dispute over this stuff. We're not sure what's to become of the semi singles that have been produced. Am contemplating armwarmers and a scarf. Any suggestions?

I love this yarn because my beautiful niece and nephew helped me spin it over Thanksgiving. It will be forever the wool produced while converting the children.

My goal has been to train for the incoming alpaca - just in time it arrived yesterday. This is my first kick at double plying. I love the way the colours twisted and twirled around each other. I can't wait to start dyeing my own fleece and getting the spinning down to a Denny/Lorraine sort of level...

I have no idea about yardage. I guess I'll have to make friends with my moody moody niddy noddy...

Joy indeed!

8 comments:

Carol said...

What beautiful blue yarn! That's a great colourway.

Jean-Anne said...

you work of the people is gorgeous!!
almost makes me want to get a new hobby.

Craftygrrrl said...

Clearly I was merely the conduit to bringing Stella and you together. You two make beautiful yarn together.

Will we be seeing you tonight?

jacquieblackman said...

Awesome, Lady! You rock!

Lorraine said...

Yay I can post again!! Beautiful spinning. It is magic, isn't it? Joy joy joy.

Sandi Purl said...

holy gorgeousness! Squarey looks abso-fab! diggin' it! spin some more! spin some more! (like you need any encouragement!)

Yvette said...

You look ever so cut in that hat. Right on.

Yvette said...

OOps!! Freudian mispelling or what? I meant to say cute in the hat.