Thursday, November 09, 2006

Obnoxious.

Last night I biked home (ON MY NEW BIKE) after shopping at Whole Foods (DELIGHTFUL) and settled in for an evening of spinning, knitting and CSI. I should say I was doing this in direct opposition to studying for another crummy high school biology test.

I was very excited as I had just come to the logical conclusion that since I got high 80% the first time I took this course (12 years ago) I really didn't care about "grades" and "tests" this time around. Thus allowing for more spinning time.

My bloody sister calls and says this: But isn't this class going to be the foundation of all your midwifery biology classes?

THANKS A LOT ASSHAT. I tried to fight the logic and even got a bit bitchy on her ass on the phone but the truth of the matter is that I can't fight that logic. Dammit.

No spinning, no knitting, no tv and some dubious studying because I'd waited til the last minute to start and of course I'm not drinking coffee.

I'm going to be obnoxiously mediocre on this test and the worst part is that I care. It's so much easier to not do as well as you know you could if you don't care. If I don't have another test on Tuesday next week maybe you'll see some finished projects tomorrow.... Dare to dream.

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Good luck with the test! My hunch is that you will do well on it precisely because you DO care. And you're smart, which also helps. L:

canknitian said...

You can do it! You can do it! You can do it!

I always do best when someone tells me I can't, so let your sister's push push you a little further.

It's going to be awesome! Wait and see!

Dr. Steph said...

Study hard and we can celebrate with a beer on Friday. Drunken knitters at the Spotted Dick, right?

Not An Artist said...

Have you already taken that test? I guess its too late for my patented test solution** -- Study high, take test high. Since you've already studied high (in high school) that means you're all ready to go!

Not An Artist said...

PS: Yes I will be out drinking tonight, although I'll also be taking it easy.