Thursday, November 02, 2006

Dia de los Muertos

Discovery.

When J and I started dating part of my total fascination with him was his introvertedness. Man, I love to a fault breaking down folks' personal barriers.

We've been together going on four years and I should have realized years ago that Halloween would be his festival of choice. Me? I'm pretty lazy and out there by nature so I've never gotten into the spirit. As a result we've hung at home and given out candy....until this year

The professional grade celebration of Halloween has been squarely in the domain of our friends Mario and Luigi for years.

They had invited us to their annual debauche party. It was the same night as the all day wool crawl known as the TTC Knit A Long so I wasn't sure I'd have the get up and go to get my groove on.

Jason was unusually persistant about the whole deal and had actually picked up costumes and make up. When J is persistant about something I have to give it my all because there is really very few things that he gets up in my grill about. One Hunka Cheese later and the game was afoot.

As he put on my makeup and splattered blood on my skirts, his eyes lit up like it was Christmas and I fell in love all over again.

Who knew that zombie grooms loved Chardonnay so much and their ladylike brides,,Tequila.

Happy Halloween my pretties!

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Great costumes!! :)

Cindy said...

You guys look awesome! And J holding the glass of wine is a nice touch.

Cin

denny Mcmillan said...

you scary

Sandi Purl said...

deeeevine!!