Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Spa etiquette or Spetiquette

As a follow up to my previous post.

What does one do when one is standing butt nekid at a spa and recognizes/is recognized by someone...but you're not quite sure how you know each other?

There was much awkward eye contact but no attempt made to introduce ourselves. I have no idea if this woman was a comedian, clown, knitter, tree planter, blogger or some random kid I used to babysit in Manitouwadge (apparently they are all in university now).

I've bumped into at least one person from all of these spheres of my life in Toronto but this incident was weird cause I was naked! nude! and she was in a bathing suit.

What would you have done....

2 comments:

Wannietta said...

I totally have to get someones name 6 times before I really get it solid. Saying "Sorry, I forgot your name." or asking "You look so familiar - I just can't remember from where. Or is it just me?" comes 2nd nature to me. I've accepted my shortcomings and I like to think that it's part of my charm. LMAO!!

Jill said...

When I recognize someone I know at the naked beach - I just turn over and hope they walk by quickly! I definitely don't do the introducing thing but at a spa it might be a bit different...