Thursday, October 19, 2006

Screaming with the thrilling highs...

So I was up pretty late last night studying for a test today. Shocking. It's amazing how quickly I lapsed into my old study habits of yesteryear.

J came home around 10:30 after working at his Short Play Festival for 4.5 hours. All he wanted to do was veg in front of some tv and chill - so he slapped on the Princess Leia headphones and settled in.

My favour of the week was asking him to undo a mutant baby sweater made out of Manos while he watched Family Guy which he graciously agreed to. All of a sudden I hear the telltale whirring that makes my heart sing.

I peaked around the corner and this is what I saw.

As if there wasn't already a million reasons this dude makes my heart scream out like it's on a roller coaster ride.....he's using the ball winder like a natural.

Step one to conversion.

9 comments:

Sophia said...

Wow - that's great! We really do need to encourage the lads in their oft-discussed proposal of a Knitting Widower Support Group...perhaps this type of knowledge could be passed on - like behavioural traits in field mouse colonies or genetic mutations - if they spent more time together. t knows what the ball winder *is*, and how it *works*, and makes appreciative (read: placatory) noises when I use it, but I have yet to come upon him actually winding yarn with it.

Heather said...

Remember, though, share your craft you share the stash. Forget that.

Melanie said...

Ha, ha -- J looks adorable!

Sandi Purl said...

u sure got yerself a swell somebody, don'tcha! we saw the fab j-man on monday at the play fest, lookin' fine and charmin as always. how did the test go? huh!?

Kelly said...

You should really let him come out to the next Team Canada night. He's one of us now.

denny Mcmillan said...

Smush his face in your boobs, I know I love it when you do that to me.
I'll bet he likes that too.

Not An Artist said...

Hee hee, what is about BALLwinders that just appeals to the boys? You're a lucky girl though, what a sweetheart.

Lynn said...

HEY! Is that a Lee Valley catalogue on your coffee table????!!

See you in TO in February...

;~}

Jen said...

Lynn - It *totally* is a lee valley catalogue...Jason brought it to bed that night to read before sleeping..I love Christmas.

WHEN YOU ARE VISITING WE WILL GO! I'M SO EXCITED