Friday, October 20, 2006

It's Friday! No Rhinebeck for you Edition!

Unlike 99% of the knitting blogosphere I can be found here at home in Toronto imagining the sheer carnage of 1000's of knitters descending upon the New York Sheep and Wool Festival.

My personal dream is to rent an RV and go down with four spinners. Me driving, them spinning all the way down. In the perfect world the hot box event of the century would occur...

1. BMFA - Martha Wainwright
2. With Arms Outstretched - Rilo Kiley
3. Thin Blue Flame - Josh Ritter
4. Coyote's Song - Nobody & The Mystic Chords
5. Destroy Everything - Ladytron
6. Rock n Roll Fantasy - The Pink Mountaintops
7. It's A Disaster - OK Go
8. Ultimatum - The Long Winters
9. Clyde In New Orleans - Norfolk & Western
10. Omerta Bossa Remix - Isabelle Antenna

7 comments:

canknitian said...

I think a Canadian knitter / spinner invasion (of the very best kind) is in order for next year.

Yvette said...

Me and you (and a dog named Sue?) may be the only fibre freaks in town this weekend. I am JEALOUS!

Not An Artist said...

I could get in on something like that next year... I'd even do some driving, if everyone agrees to chip in for the speeding tickets ;)

maggieBB said...

It's very early in the morning, and I'm about to be late for work... I wish I was hitting up a sheep & wool festival instead of working all weekend for so many reasons ;P

i'm so all for an RV extravanganza for next year... maybe i'll even know how to spin by then ;P

Kelly said...

Kel and I just got back from Rhinebeck and I was saying to her that it would be fun to go down with a whole mess of knitters next year.

Start saving your money now because you won't believe how much yarn there is there.

Craftygrrrl said...

it was so MUCH FUN!!!!!

denny Mcmillan said...

aaaah. it was o.k.