Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I totally got blitzed

Last night a few of my girlfriends and I went to Body Blitz spa. This is a spa that involves "Therapeutic Waters"...I know it sounds totally flaky. There are three different pools and two hot rooms - Dead Sea Pool, Green Tea Pool, a Cold Plunge Pool, Steam Room and Infrared Sauna.

Ever since my public health teachin' Momma talked to me about bacteria loving warm moist environments, steam rooms have made me gag a little bit. After a *thorough* inspection looking for any gross molds and slime I felt a little bit better - and the steam is infused with eucalyptus oil which felt divine on my chest which is still recovering from my cold.

On Tuesdays there is an "all you can dip" special for $35.00 you get access to the pools for as long as you want until they close at 8:00pm. My girlfriend Danielle and I went last month and we brought a bunch of trashy magazines and in between therapeutic cycles we would lounge and read/knit/zen.

It's the perfect place for Naked Knit Girl

In the middle of a busy week in a busy city at the end of a busy day. A women only spa. You can go nekid or in a bathing suit whatever you're most comfy in. They provide flip flops, towels, and bathrobes. The only really rule is that you relax and take your time - do what feels right - sit in silence enjoying the heat of the steam room or the dead sea pool.

It's the perfect way to end a work day. You will find me here once a month especially during the cold wet rainy winter that is coming through.

6 comments:

Liz said...

mmmm, seems dreamy. I'll have to make a special trip into Toronto perhaps with a pit stop at, "My sister's secrets"
mwah,
Liz

Lorraine said...

Please put me in that place right now I'm losing my mind...
thx for the vision L:

TheAmpuT said...

That sounds heavenly. We have a place like that in San Francisco (Osento), but it doesn't have any of the scents/additional ingredients.

Jill said...

I just read a few of the testimonials on the website and some are from Canadian celebs. Maybe if I go, I'll be able to see someone famous naked....

Kelly said...

Man, thanks for posting this. I absolutely love spas. Must check this one out!

Sandi Purl said...

wow! can't wait to check out the Blitz! sounds awesome!