Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Doing the work of our people

I brought Stella up to our cottage for Thanksgiving. This is my favourite holiday on the best of days. My brilliant niece Maddy and handsome feller Gabe were digging on the fleece more than I thought. Gabe spent the better part of 2 hours on my lap drafting fleece like a natural.

Get 'em young eh?


After a whole summer of dubious craptastic weather (three 100 year storms blew through) we finally got a full weekend of gorgeous. J and I did some hiking up to the top of this rock. This is the perspective from the top.
We collected leaves and stuffed pumpkins. Watching kids disembowel pumpkins makes me give thanks....the ability to revel in the grossness brings joy to my dry withered soul.

And of course the gods they love to topple the trees. This bastard beat us....not before we'd used winching, pullies, chainsaws and a broom to poke it - my dad had to accept the Tree Services option.

In his words..."I've never met a tree I haven't felled" She was a worthy adversary.

8 comments:

Tammany said...

Looks like you had a beautiful weekend and you certainly deserved it!

Not An Artist said...

"winching, pullies, chainsaws and a broom to poke it"

I should think the missing element here is obvious. Surely you know you should never operate a chainsaw without beer?

But it sounds like a great weekend and a happy thanksgiving :)

Craftygrrrl said...

You sure know how to show a wheel a good time...did you google sheep farms and such before you left to see if there was one on the way?

denny Mcmillan said...

Did you know...........the reason tree arbourists
are so expencive is because of their high insurance
rates. sorry about the crap spelling but you catch my drift, right baby?

We too had the fine up north weekend, honk honk honk went the flying geese.

denny Mcmillan said...

Did you know...........the reason tree arbourists
are so expencive is because of their high insurance
rates. sorry about the crap spelling but you catch my drift, right baby?

We too had the fine up north weekend, honk honk honk went the flying geese.

denny Mcmillan said...

did you know....denny can't hit the right button.

denny Mcmillan said...

Did you know ( I'm sticking to this theme for a bit)

You gave me your "blog bitch" cold, thanks.




bitch.

Over the phone no less.

Teena said...

Great pix!