Monday, August 14, 2006

Pigeon induced swiss coma

Subjects that were introduced into the conversational wild by our Asian IT temp over lunch with a friend at Swiss Pigeon. He'd recently completed his Ph.d in Mathematics so not only were we culturally off base but he thinks in math that I will never use to count stitches, adjust patterns or make change.

- I find your voice "magnetic" and unavoidable in the office when you're on the phone.
- I went to see the horse races and Ontario Place this weekend. I missed the races when I got there the beavers were riding the horses. (ed. he said people but I heard beavers - I SWEAR IT.)
- I love the Discovery shows. You know, you don't need to see the beginning to know how it will end.

Angie: Oh yeah, those shows LOVE the Serengeti.
Me: I'd be dead within an hour if I was in the Serengeti

Temp: No you wouldn't, if you get attacked you just climb on an elephant - nothing can kill an elephant.


- Do you know anyone who is doing quantum financial planning?

It was really an excellent way to start the week and now I am nappy from the power of the pigeon.

4 comments:

denny Mcmillan said...

guns kill elephants.

Jen said...

true...but i'm removing poachers from the equation...are there any natural predators that can take out an elephant?

denny Mcmillan said...

arn't they afraid of mice, or is that just in the cartoooons


oh wait can't like a lion or cheeta take out a baby elephant? I know , I know I spelt cheeta wrong,hell I spelled, spelt wrong. Hate the spelling.

denny Mcmillan said...

I can't go to S&B on Wed. got called into work, teaching some newbies to knit(love that)